Suggest treatment for polyp inspite of surgery

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor, I had undergone my first IUI last month ,initially i would like to give my history first. I had a lapro-hystroscopy in August last year saying there is a polyp. However after the procedure, the doctors cold not find any polyp. They have then done a biopsy and sent the sample for testing.The reports came normal. They now feel it is the thickness of the econometric which is making them feel look like a polyp. I had undergone the IUI procedure last month and got my periods yesterday.The procedure was done on 14th and 15th of February last month. I have been taking the below medication after IUI.Nexpro, Medrol, Miprogen 200mg, dheapreg, wheat germ oil, estrobuild. I would need your kind advise.I am totally dipressed.Eveerytime the doctors scan and they stil say the polyp is there even after the surgery and biopsy confirmation. I am 34 years years old. Please help.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: IVF Detailed Answer: Hi, If hysteroscopy has ruled out polyp there is no possibility of polyp. So dont think about it as hysterscopy is confirmatory. Since you are already 34 years IUI may not be successful. Now you stop all the medicines you are taking because IUI has failed and you got your periods back. Please go to an IVF centre in your city and undergo IVF as age is running out. Let me now if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for polyp inspite of surgery 28 minutes later
Thanks for your advice.However can you suggest something else .I feel IVF is not the only source of solution.Please advice.Dear Doctor, the medicines I mentioned above ,can you please advice the pros and cons of them and the directions for use for confirmation if I am taking them correctly or not. Thanks for all your help. Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: IUI Detailed Answer: HI, Since you are married for past 7 years and under treatment for 2 and half years your age is also more. Considering all facts as per my experience you should go for IVF. If age is going increase further and your ovarian rserve decreases you may not be able to undergo IVF also. Hence my advice. If you wish not to go for IVF then IUI is a better option. Please continue with IUI.All medicines you are taking is to support pregnancy IF it occurs. Hence these medicines are prescribed by your doctor. All these are not necessary and meprogen 200 mg is only enough i think. Anyway in this case your treating doctor should know better reasons behind prescribing above medicines. Let me know if you have anymore queries. Regards