Suggest treatment for persistent yeast infection

Dec 2013

How can I treat a persistent yeast infection? It is topical only in the nether region. I have applied Lotrimin for several years and I am now suffering a really painful outbreak. The Dr. gave me a Dulcolox (?) tablet. Just one. I am concerned about taking it.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly send details Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern towards persistent yeast infection. Before I can answer your concern can you please take pains in letting me know certain important information regarding your problem: 1. Is it a previously diagnosed condition by a dermatologist or a certified medical practitioner as yeast infection. 2. Since how long the yeast infection is present. What are the areas affected- is it vaginal area or on inter-trigenous folds. 3. What are the symptoms you feel in your yeast infection- is it some discharge or redness or related thing. What is the type of discharge- is it curdy or watery or pus containing. 4. Is there any pain or itching over the same. If there any pain or itching then is it- mild/ moderate or severe. 4. How often in a year you get yeast infection. Anyhow, Dulcolax contains bisacodyl in it and is not at all a treatment for yeast infection, so kindly do not take it in terms of treatment of yeast infection. "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology)