Suggest treatment for persistent fever and sore muscle

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I have fever for two days but without any symptoms of cold. I take one 500mg practimol and 50 mg of valterean . But the fever still at37.9 i have sore muscle
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 minutes later
Hi. Fever of 2 days, not settling with paracetamol- better to take an antibiotic like amoxycyclin or cefixime. If needed can go for blood tests according to your Doctor's advise. Are here any other symptoms like burning urination/ bowel problems / chills? Many diseases may not have different patterns in the initial days
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for persistent fever and sore muscle 0 minute later
Yes i have very painfull muscle cramps all over my body i have been working out thecday before
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Paracetamol in doses advised. Bed rest, Fluids. Detailed Answer: Hi, Muscle cramps can occur due to fever itself. But goes more in favor of viral infection wherein there are severe muscle cramps. You can continue taking Paracetamol 650 mg ( if this strength is ready-available) or one and half of 500 mg ( that is 750 mg ) if your weight is more than 50 kg, 4 times a day to alleviate the symptoms. Bed rest is always advised to give an early recovery. Have plenty of oral fluids.