Suggest treatment for perioral dermatitis around mouth
User rating for this question
Hello, I have a mild case around one corner of my mouth of perioral dermatitis I also have a history of eczema although break outs are few now as I get older (61) I have tried anti fungal OTC meds, Lamisil, bactroban, zinc oxide to no success I also used betnovate sparingly but of course, made it worse after a few weeks is there another type of topical cream I could use without resorting to oral antibiotics?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Perioral dermatitis Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can have a look and confirm the dignosis. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Topical creams which are useful in perioral dermatitis include metronidazole gel 0.75% twice a day or pimecrolimus 1% cream twice a day. Hope this helped, Take care.
People also viewed
- Fordyce spots irregular cluster
- Cluster pimples 1 year old face
- Why mynose cant breath
- Cluster of white dots on tattoo
- My lungs cant breath
- Is romycin used in the treatment of perioral dermatitis?
- Treatment of perioral dermatitis with mupirocin
- Is benzac used in the treatment of perioral dermatitis?
- Cant breathe when lying on left side
- Treatment and cure for Perioral dermatitis
- Dark clusters on skin dry
- Suggest treatment for perioral dermatitis around mouth
- Cant breathe whats the problem
- Stress test run cant breath
- Symptoms of clown lips