Suggest treatment for pathological myopia

My name is XXXX and i am 25 years old.I am a software engineer.I have been diagnosed retinal holes (peripheral holes 360) as i am myopia -5 both eyes.How many chances of retinal detachment as well as i want know is there any ayurveda treatment for this retinal disease?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: You require prophylactic laser treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. I reviewed the history and the eye examination report you have provided. You are having pathological myopia. Pathological myopia is associated with degenerative changes involving the retina like retinal holes, thinning of the retina called as lattice degeneration. Hence there is increased risk of retinal detachment in people with pathological myopia. But no need to worry as this can be prevented by prophylactic treatment in the form of prophylactic laser treatment or cryo treatment. Pathological myopia is one of the known predisposing risk factor for development of retinal detachment and about 30-40% of the eyes with retinal detachment show pre existing lattice degeneration associated with pathological myopia. As far as I know there is no ayurvedic treatment for retinal detachment as this a surgical condition. Hence I suggest you to undergo prophylactic laser treatment. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pathological myopia 11 minutes later
Is there any side effects of that laser treatment ??
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are no side effects of laser treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up. The laser treatment is very safe procedure and there are no side effects. It is done as an out patient procedure. It acts by creating an adhesion between the layers of the retina there by preventing development of retinal detachment. Hence you can safely undergo the procedure. Hope I have answered your questions. Thank you
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pathological myopia 6 minutes later
I discussed with retinal specialist and he suggested me there is no need of laser treatment, we just to have follow up regularly on 6 months interval. So i also want that in this case is there possibility to heals that holes themselves if i do healthy dight and every possible solutions? as well as i want to know, is there any homeopathy treatment for this problem??
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Followup is indicated for only lattice degeneratio Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX The requirement of treatment for lattice degeneration is still controversial, regarding whether to treat all lattice degeneration or wait and watch. The accepted norm is Compulsory treatment of all lattice degeneration associated with retinal holes and myopia as this combination has got highest risk of development of retinal detachment. The presence of lattice degeneration alone or atrophic retinal holes alone are followed up regularly. During the follow up the patient is asked to look for symptoms like sudden onset of flashes of light, floaters, blurring of vision and if present should consult your doctor immediately. Homeopathy treatments are available for improvement of myopia.They are basically known to improve the health of the eyes. But homeopahty treatments are not known to prevent or treat the conditions like lattice degeneration, retinal holes... Hence I advice you to discuss the matter with your retinal specialist to decide on only follow up or laser treatment. Hope you find the information helpful. Thank you