Suggest treatment for panic attacks

Infectious Diseases Specialist
My son has been complaining of being fuzzy headed for several weeks now. He is 21 and has issues with anxiety. At night he has problems getting to sleep as says he cant relax and feels like he's imploding. He takes Xanax when he gets anxious but that isn't helping the fuzzy feeling. He says when he feels this way he can't concentrate on anything and as a college student this is a big problem. After feeling fuzzy-headed he often feels faint. He says this feeling can occur even if he's not anxious. His psychiatrist has just kept him on the Xanax but its not addressing this new feeling. He has had panic attacks in the past. What could this be and to whom should I take him to, a neurologist or a new psychiatrist?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: schedule psycho-therapy appointments... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I understand your worries as a mother for your son's panic attacks. It is true that they won't let your boy concentrate on his college classes. To my opinion, you can have another second opinion from another psychiatrist. At the same time, I'd suggest to schedule appointments with psychologist to start psycho-therapy in order to help him dominate the panic attacks and make him feel relaxed. All the best to both of you! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!