Suggest treatment for panic attacks and anxiety

Nov 2013

Dear Sir, I am your patient XXXX. I consulted you a few times and already got MRI Brain and Vit B12 tests which you have suggested in Aug'13. Used medication prescribed by you. I have already mailed you also. Finished with my course and as I am out of station I didn't get time to meet you. My Problem is: I am unable to have proper sleep at nights during these days. I am having weird dreams and night mares especially. I am unable to concentrate on my studies. My interest on studies went down. My heartbeat is varying sometimes and I am feeling anxiety. I am feeling like moving, when I am studying or sitting freely. Waking up frequently during sleep. Very rarely, Waking with Sleep paralysis a few times and feeling like seeing my own soul. During other activities like in class, playing or doing exercise, I am feeling good. Suggest me medication till I consult you in March. Thank you Sir.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thank you for getting back. I have noted your symptoms and they are suggestive of panic disorder/anxiety. At this moment, you can start NEXITO FORTE (a combination of escitalopram and clonazepam). I would normally advise to start Nexito forte on a dose of 10 mg taken daily at nights after dinner. In addition, METHYCOBAL 500 mcg one tablet daily after breakfast may be taken. Please continue both for one month and let me nkow how you feel. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog:
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for panic attacks and anxiety 14 hours later
Sir, Thank you for your quick and detail reply. My Question is: Should I exclude anything from my diet like junk or can I eat anything.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: You can eat everything, however, try to avoid junk food. Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for panic attacks and anxiety 28 hours later
Thankyou Sir for ur quick reply.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)