Suggest treatment for pain under lower left rib that radiates around to the back

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Thank you. I've had a pain under my lower left rib that radiates around to the back for about 3 months. I don't have insurance so I can't see my doc. I would just like some relief.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to musculoskeletal issue Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain you're experiencing in your ribs I think this is most likely a musculoskeletal issue. The most common cause of this type of pain is a minor bruise of the rib. This could occur with even minor trauma what you might not remember in the recent past. The pain generally will slowly improve. Another possibility could be inflammation. Sometimes areas around the Ribs can become inflamed which contributes to a mild degree of pain. This also generally resolves with pain killers. Sometimes we give medication such as ibuprofen to address the inflammatory process. If you're interested you could try taking two tablets of ibuprofen three times a day for the next five days to see if this makes any kind of significant difference. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL