Suggest treatment for pain in sternum due to a soft tissue injury?
User rating for this question
I fell 2-3 weeks ago down three steps to our basement and thin carpet over concrete, for the past 2 weeks I experience a strong pain in my sternum. I hit on my left chest area I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and sees no evidence of damage to my fusion and pleased that my walking has improved. He felt nothing injured in mt fall.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Following measures will help with the pain Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description , it seems to be soft tissue injury over chest . Now after 3 weeks if pain is severe ,I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the Xray of the area affected under his/her guidance. Meanwhile following measures will help with the pain • Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required • Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights. • Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain in sternum due to a soft tissue injury? 15 minutes later
Everything you are diagnosing sounds good. I will do as you have advised and thank you for your advise
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hope this discussion was useful. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Warm regards.
People also viewed
- Soft tissue injury treatment
- Leg hurts when using bathroom
- Are are flat, oval areas of increased pigmentation symptoms of age spots ?
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury
- Fluid base of foot
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury in upper quadricep
- Can pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin be due to kidney stones?
- Can solitary rectal ulcer syndrome cause a feeling of incomplete passing of stool?
- Numbness in legs when coing bathroom
- Pain right side neck base by collarbone
- Are blood in urine or stools symptoms of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura ?
- Are dense clusters of small bumps symptoms of polymorphous light eruption?
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury on feet
- Leg pain when using bathroom
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury to the knee