Suggest treatment for pain in sternum due to a soft tissue injury?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I fell 2-3 weeks ago down three steps to our basement and thin carpet over concrete, for the past 2 weeks I experience a strong pain in my sternum. I hit on my left chest area I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and sees no evidence of damage to my fusion and pleased that my walking has improved. He felt nothing injured in mt fall.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Following measures will help with the pain Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description , it seems to be soft tissue injury over chest . Now after 3 weeks if pain is severe ,I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the Xray of the area affected under his/her guidance. Meanwhile following measures will help with the pain • Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required • Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights. • Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain in sternum due to a soft tissue injury? 15 minutes later
Everything you are diagnosing sounds good. I will do as you have advised and thank you for your advise
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hope this discussion was useful. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Warm regards.