Suggest treatment for pain due to ovarian cyst

Infertility Specialist
Hi, My cousin is having a problem of pain in back from about 1 month. She is newly married about 1 month back. On getting a ultrasound done the report said Right ovarian complex cyst of size 3.4 X2 cm in right ovary of hyper echoic contents. Is this problem get solved with oral medications or you suggest anything else to be done. I can attach the reports if you let me know how I can do that.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: dermoid ? Detailed Answer: Hi It is very important to diagnose type of ovarian cyst. Following are possibilities : 1. Dermoid cyst contains various elements like tooth and give such picture. It gas to operated laparoscopically. 2. Chocolate cyst of ovary which gives severe pain during menses. 3. If pain repeats in next cycle please get diagnostuc / operative Laparoscopy surgery to diagnose possibilities. Thus may not be solved with medicines. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain due to ovarian cyst 2 minutes later
I shall share the reports with you.Can you have a check and let me know about it? How do i share with you reports?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: scan Detailed Answer: Hi You can scan report and pictures of ultrasound and attach along with this query. Before that confirm it by getting another transvaginal scan from a better centre preferably IVF centre in your city. Please ask them about above 2 diagnosis I have mentioned and get accurate report and pictures as present scan is doubtful. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain due to ovarian cyst 13 minutes later
uploaded reports
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: wait and watch Detailed Answer: Hi Report says haemorrhagic cyst. Such cysts generally get disappeared by themselves. Please dont do anything now and wait till next cycle and get scan done after next periods. Hopefully it will resolve by then