Suggest treatment for pain due to muscle strain

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Dr. I sometimes get severe pain in my left leg and if I continie to walk or stand it cobtinues till the thigh. The pain is very high. And it occurs anytime during the day. Is it a muscle pull or something else? It is happenning from past 4-5 days.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be muscles strain or pull. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain or pull. To get relief from the pain and for quick healing: 1. Do moist heat application at the site to relax the muscles. 2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. 3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. 4.Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain. Give proper time for the injury to heal. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care