Suggest treatment for pain due to Lyme disease

Left side arm abd leg weakness after headache mri and ct clear 3 weeks now ... Lyme came vack positive. Now last 2 days hurts to take deep breath on left side near breast hurts to touch were underwire from bra sits and a bit above thar
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptom of Lyme's ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I would like to first ask about the Lyme's. As you have mentioned a positive result to Lyme's, are you receiving medical treatment for the condition ma'am? If yes, could you mention the medications that you are on? If not, then you should visit your doctor and initiate treatment at the earliest ma'am. Thank you for your help with that. The initial symptoms that you experienced of one sided weakness of your arm and leg is a typical symptom of Lyme's and is called Bell's Palsy. At times, this very same symptom can present in the form of discomfort or even pain on the affected side. For this reason, you are experiencing the pain and breathlessness on the affected side. Please make sure your avoid wearing a bra for a while, or just avoid one which has an underwire. In some patients, pain is considered a good sign as this shows improvement on the affected side, but I cannot confirm the same as I need to first learn about whether or not you are receiving adequate medical attention, and if so for how long. I wish you nothing but the best. I also look forward to a little more information from your end as requested above ma'am. I hope you find my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain due to Lyme disease 5 minutes later
The dr. Office called yedterday got doxycycline today. Left arm and leg feel heavy and weak only hurt with use . The pain is from deep breathing and yawning. AlSo a persiststant wheezing
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: I understand, but things will improve now Detailed Answer: Thank you for that ma'am. Yes, I understand how these symptoms can be troubling. Do not worry, the key to treating Lyme's effectively is to start antibiotic coverage as early as possible. Usually a 14- or 21- day course is advised and complete recovery can be achieved. If any of your symptoms continue even after the antibiotic course, you can write to me about them. But I doubt this would happen as you should recovery rapidly and effectively soon. Try to rest as much as possible as Lyme's causes severe lethargy and exhaustion, breathe easily and do not indulge in any tiring activities. If the pain increases, you could request your doctor for a mild pain management medication, but in my opinion this would not be necessary as your symptoms shall slowly start to subside from now on as treatment has been initiated. Wishing you a speedy and effective recovery and good health thereafter. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications ma'am, I am always available to help. Best wishes.