Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My back has been out of alignment and last week I experienced extreme pain in my left hip. Went to chiropractor and my right leg was 2 in shorter than left. That night the pain continued and I felt at various times pulsing in left leg and when I got up in morning left knee was swollen and tingly. The chiropractor was been able to eliminate the hip pain and I'm more in alignment. However, my left knee is still swollen after a week and becomes painful to walk on it
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is knee synovitis Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your case history, And it looks to me that you are having knee synovitis. In this there is fluid collection in knee joint and it is quite painful condition. This can occur if your knee is strained or was in sitting or standing position for long time. There is slight chance that it can be due to manipulation of hip you get done by chiropractor. At present my advice to you is to apply ice over knee joint, compression bandage and take Brufen Or Diclofenec tablet. This swelling and pain will decrease after taking these pills and ice fomentation. Diclofenec gel will also be helpful. Avoid stairs, sitting with bend knee or sitting on floor with cross leg. Walking is allowed but not too much. If your pain increases than i would recommend you to get X ray of knee joint to see if there is any bone damage or reduction of gap in knee joint is there. Make sure that you get your X ray in standing position. I hope this answers all your queries. Feel free to ask any thing you want to know.Thanks and take care.