Suggest treatment for pain and constipation after a hernia repair

my fiance had hernia repair left and right side four weeks ago he still has problems with bowel movement and has pain if he walks for a longer time and his right testicale keeps hurting on the side where he supposed to have had the bigger hernia please help the surgeon off a sudden says the pain that he experiencing has nothing to do with the hernia repair but before the surgery he had the same problems and the surgeon had told him that all his pain and constipation comes from the hernia
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal symptoms after surgery... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read the medical history of your fiance and I can admit that what he is experiencing is related to surgery. Please bare in mind that the intestinal transit will take some time to get back to normality again. Usually, pain is also present while bowel movement. Gradually, such symptoms will be improved usually within 3 months after surgery. If no improvement, I suggest to do : - abdominal ultrasound - colonoscopy For further evaluation. I also advise to - ask him to drink more water - not to strain too much/not to hold breathe while passing the motion - eat foods high in fiber - take senna supplements and lactulose for up to 10 days Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!