Suggest treatment for overactive bladder

i have overactive bladder it keeps me raw and bleeding nothing helps i take myrbetriq 50 mg is not helping
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Pelvic floor exercises can help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Overactive bladder is a form of urinary incontinence, which is the involuntary release of urine. Common causes for overactive bladder include: 1.Urinary infection 2.consumption of caffeine, which increases urine output and can cause spasms in the bladder muscle 3.consumption of ingredients that a you may be allergic to that cause anxiety 5.infrequent urination (holding urine for too long a period of time) small bladder capacity 6.structural abnormalities in the bladder or urethra 7.constipation The treatment includes bladder training and medication. In bladder training, you can use exercises to strengthen and coordinate the urethra and bladder muscles to control urination. Pelvic floor muscle exercises will be helpful. Your symptoms might improve over time with simple measures as follows. 1.avoiding caffeine or other ingredients that may encourage overactive bladder 2.using timed voiding, or urinating on a schedule -- for example, every two hours 3.adopting healthy urination habits, such as taking enough time to urinate and relaxing muscles during urination. The medication oxybutynin is used to control such problems as urgent, uncontrolled, or frequent urination and other conditions that affect the bladder muscles. Oxybutynin works by relaxing the bladder muscles to prevent urinary problems. Since myrbetriq 50 mg is not helping you can get an additional drug prescribed fro your urologist after ruling out the urinary infections. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL