Suggest treatment for obesity

Hi... I need your advise on blood thinning pills, I'm 6ft tall n weigh 105kilos. I'm working out with weights and doing cardio everyday n have lost 2kilos in a month. My exercise schedule is not very sincere, but I'm working out continuously since a month. I'm also planning to start high protein diet of 5egg white everyday. Please advise. Regards XXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diet and Exercise / No drugs / see detail Detailed Answer: Dear Mr XXXXXXX Welcome to Health Care Magic ________________________________________________________ Your BMI is high = 31.3 More than 30 is Obese [18.5 to 24.5 is Normal / the middle range is ‘Overweight’] Losing 2 Kilos in a month is rather slow! One can be stricter – even 2 kilos a week in initial stages ___________________________________________________________ Exercise helps, but has limitations.. One needs to do really severe and prolonged exercise – several hours. Start half an hour a day and slowly step up every week. For example, in walking 1 kilometre, one spends 1 Calorie per kilogram of his body weight! A cup of rice or an average bar of chocolate has approximately 200 calories. A treadmill may help. The ideal solution is to continue a supervised program in a Gym, but need stricter DIET control. _________________________________________________________ You have to reduce the QUANTITY of your food and change the QUALITY too. It is not possible to explain or understand the nuances on a single occasion. To start with, reduce the amount to one third of what you are presently taking. Avoid all fats – they have double the energy of carbohydrates. You should see a good DIETICIAN - One generally needs SEVERAL sessions, to master concepts of calories, nutritional values, biological value, vitamins, minerals and so on. Egg white is a good source of protein… Avoid the yellow of the egg –each egg yellow has approximately 300 mg of cholesterol… _________________________________________________________ Blood thinning pills? The terminology generally means drugs used to prevent blood clotting (anti-coagulant)! It is a double edged sword – given for specific conditions, only under strict medical supervision… Why do you need it? __________________________________________________________ Have you checked your Lipid profile? (good & bad cholesterol, Triglyceride etc) __________________________________________________________ Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless