Suggest treatment for neck soreness and headache after an accidental fall?

I passed out for the first time ever after smoking a hooka. I hit my head on the wall. The impact woke me up. I'm totally fine now.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may not be concerning... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you passed out only briefly and are currently asymptomatic - no headache, nausea or vomiting, I am not concerned with it. However as these symptoms can present late in some cases following head injury, you are requested to keep a close watch. Should you notice any unusual symptoms, you need to notify your doctors. If late symptoms (should you develop them) are not that debilitating, then you can write back to me. Hope this helped you. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for neck soreness and headache after an accidental fall? 3 minutes later
Thanks! I feel fine now. I just have a mild HA and mildly sore neck. The neck soreness feels muscular. I appreciate your help.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use pain killer... Detailed Answer: If the headache and neck soreness is very mild and tolerable, you can leave that alone. You can use a low dose pain killer like tylenol if the ache is affecting your usual routine. That being said, you need to continue watching for severe headache, nausea or vomiting. Visit a doctor immediately if they occur. I am not sure if you also have a visible bump on the head. If yes, you can ice it to avoid a large bump. Needless to say, you should stop using tobacco or any other illicit drugs to avoid future health consequences. Please close this discussion if all your questions are answered. Regards