Suggest treatment for nasal blockage

hi mu son whose age is 10 years having nose blockage from last 2 month. He has used 3 times antibiotics and navision for clearing nose but that give relief for some time. now from today he is going to use fluticone ,avessa 250 and lasma lc
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nasal blockade possibly due to deviated nasal sept Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Nasal blockade in children is likely to be due to deviated nasal septum especially if it's one sided. If the blockade is on both side it's likely to be due to allergic pathology. I would suggest you the following apart from using Fluticone spray. 1. Steam inhalation: preferably using electronic steamer done for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day will be effective . 2. Early morning jogging/ brisk walking helps in clearing nasal blockage. 3. Consuming plenty of oral fluids. 4. Decoction: to a cup of milk + 10 Tulsi leaves + 2 gms of fresh ginger + 2 black pepper + 1 spoon of turmeric + 2 spoon of sugar. Bring it to boil. Filter it and serve him hot. Tulsi has immunomodulatory action. I hope this will help. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD