Suggest treatment for my daughter who is showing signs of paronia

I am concerned for my daughter she is 37 yrs old an is showing signs of paronia in the sense she says that her facebook page is being looked at by famous people who are copying her ideas her thought process seems to be completly i would say false evedience appearing as real what can i do? because she complety just thinkd she is right, she is tired not sleeping and her appearence has down hill. my daughter is so immeresed with her ideas for art projects that never get off the ground and she does on to other ideas and never follows through, just grand ideas in her head, gets very angry if challanged, how can i suggest she see the doctor when she things there is no problem
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggestion Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD I have read your query and understand your problem You problem right now is how to get her to a psychiatrist. I agree with you that there is a problem and in fact in most of the psychiatric conditions this is a problem because the person involved has no insight in the problem that he/she is facing. So I understand exactly what you feel if that is what you have been meaning to say in the query. First and foremost, I will suggest you do not counter her ideas. That will only aggravate her and she will probably resist getting to a doctor even more. Is there a possibility that her grand schemes actually have a logic behind them? I am asking cause you are the one who is facing it and so you need to give me an unbiased opinion. Some ambitious projects can be achieved by hard work. But there is a fine margin between ambitious project and fiction. As for getting her to a doctor, I think there is a possibility if you can find a suitable doctor to your/her home. If the good doctor agrees, at least some medicines may be started. Once she gains the insight into it all, she may not resist going to a doctor so much I hope that helps. Please do feel free to respond and talk further about your problem Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal