Suggest treatment for muscular strain in lower back

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, my son 24 years old went to the gym and was doing squats with weight this evening. He started feeling pain in a lower back, he thinks he pinched a muscle. He wants to use a heating pad for getting rid of the pain and heal faster. I am his mother and don't think this is right thing to do in this situation. Pls, tell us what is the best thing to do now.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Muscular or ligamentous strain over lower back. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems he might develop muscular or ligamentous strain over lower back. Treatment guidelines for a muscle strain is as follows - * Adequate rest for a few days * Ice packing over the affected area once in 2 hours * Once the acute pain subsides, Moist heat application over the affected muscles * Gradual & gentle stretching exercises * analgesic & muscle relaxants as needed I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for muscular strain in lower back 4 minutes later
Thank you doctor XXXXXXX :)
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would appreciate your reviews Detailed Answer: Hello, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile