Suggest treatment for muscle strain

seem to have a muscle strain in the abdominal area mid left side ,I exercise regularly . gym four times a week . pain is bearable still working , but getting painful spasms from time to time .what is the best treatment? if I tense my abs and press the injured area there is no pain. untensed it feels sore apart from the spasms. am taking ibuprofen at the moment 400mg tablets
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Home pain remedies for muscle strain... Detailed Answer: Hi, If the muscle strain you had was within a couple of days, can apply cold compresses to the painful area. If more than a couple of days, I'd suggest to apply: - warm clothing - local analgesic cream - keep massaging the painful area Avoid exercising or too much exercising until improvement. If no improvement within a week and if you notice any unusual skin problems locally or other abdominal issue, I'd suggest to consult your physician for further evaluation. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard