Suggest treatment for muscle sprain

Hello, On 2/06/14 at my work office, someone had left a chair about 6" to the ground, I should have looked back but didn't, I went to interview a client and dropped onto the chair (I am 5'3", 130lb)), directly onto my tailbone. My tailbone feels very bruised, it stills hurts, as of today slightly better. I worked for about four days and then it became very sore, could not sit that long in the office or walk long. Luckily, I have been at home on vacation since 2/13/14, returning to work on 2/24/14. However, it hurts mostly when I walk, less when laying on my right side, and I can not lay on my back (too sore) & sitting is sore, can bend to touch my toes with no problems, slight soreness. I bought a donut pillow it helps, taking 200 mg Motrin, three pills, three times a day, helps, & heat pack. It is sore mostly on the left side of my lower back, maybe the sacroiliac joint. I say this spot because 3 years ago, I had slipped down a flight of stairs, and sprained the left sacroiliac joint, recovered well no problems to report. So I think I injured the same spot, left sacroiliac joint, it feels like the same spot but much less painful, though still painful.. Also, I noticed that the two upper muscles above my tailbone would become extremely tense and hurt, like they are trying to help out, but today that muscle area is not so tense, this is why I say it is getting better. Mostly concerned that it hurts when I walk, & getting better enough to return to work and sit hours on a chair. Please advice, suggestions. Thank you
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sprain Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like the fall onto the chair was bad enough to cause a muscle sprain. Fracture of the lumbar spine can be ruled out as the pain is para spinal ( around the spine )in you and this also rules out slip disc. Muscle sprain can take up to 2-3 weeks for complete recovery. Here are my sugestions to you 1. Do engage in any form of extreme physical activities 2. Do not strain the muscle by stretching exercises until you are better 3. Diclofenac gel can be applied over the tender area, you will feel better 4. Tab Acetaminophen can be taken 3 times a day for pain relief 5. If the pain persists or becomes worse then please visit an orthopedician for x ray of the lumbosacral spine AP and Lateral view I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards