Suggest treatment for muscle and joint ache

my muscles and joints ache in my legs and thieghs at 74 yrs ole my doctor prescribes prolia i tried acaton and know have a bladder infection help
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to osteoporosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain in the muscles and joints at your age could be related to osteoporosis or arthritis or a decrease in vitamin D3 levels. The medicine that you have been prescribed- Prolia will help you in decreasing the osteoporosis. You can also start taking Tablet Tylenol ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days. Also do get your serum Vitamin D3 levels evaluated and start with the necessary supplements for an early improvement. A bladder infection needs proper systemic antibiotics after urine culture under the guidance of your physician. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL