Suggest treatment for mucous cyst in mouth

I have these tissue/extra skin like growths that pop up in my mouth. They develop overnight and usually go away by them selves. But if i scratch one looks white, gooey, and stringy. It leaves blood/sore area on the place i pulled it from. If i let itdry out it looks like a piece of skin.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may be having mucocele...mucous cyst. Detailed Answer: Hi, It seems that you may be having mucocele. It often occurs in mouth without any cause from small salivary glands due to blockage of salivary duct by unknown cause. However, trauma,cheek bite , lip bite, poor dental and oral hygiene may be responsible for development of mucocele. In some cases stress may precipitate it. So, please avoid stress.Cyst contain mucin...a clear liquid,saliva. It may occur any where in mouth..lower lip,gum,roof of mouth, floor of mouth..etc. it may be asymptomatic, but sometimes cause difficulty in chewing,speech and swallowing. It is totally benign condition, so do not worry. As in your case, it may be vanished without treatment. But, sometimes it may become enlarged. Then, you consult doctor or dentist. Do not try to to puncture or rupture it. He may remove it by excision or laser. That may be done under local anaesthesia. Or he may do marsupialization technique to form new salivary duct. Intra cystic steroid injection might fasten the healing of mucocele. If mucocele becomes larger, then you consult doctor, otherwise keep it untreated. I hope you got my answer. Still, any query, you may ask... Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for mucous cyst in mouth 6 hours later
It not full of liquid. It more of just tissue growing on the inside of my cheek..i can pull it out and it comes out like a piece of looks like the white stuff in a doesnt hurt but it does leave a little sore on the inside of my cheek. It just comes up and if i leave it alone it will go away after a few hours. I do have extreme dry mouth because of a partical.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Mucocele contains little viscous liquid. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back.. Mucocele may contain little mucous viscous liquid, not sometime you may feel sticky little liquid. Still, you consult doctor and have firm diagnosis. Any doctor can diagnose it after inspection. And follow my suggestions as mentioned earlier.. Still any query, you are welcome. Thanks. Dr.Ilyas Patel MD