Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

ENT Specialist
After looking with the light it seems as if there maybe a small hole in my gum and it is hurting very bad it hurts to open my mouth to eat any kind of food burns it. And the same symptoms that I had been feeling with my neck around my ear and all that has came back It also hurts to open my mouth I thought I had scratched it at first I see a very small spot looks like it has white around it that's where the whole is.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: you maybe having an ulser! Detailed Answer: Hello You maybe having what is called an aphthous ulcer although i cant tell you for sure without examining you! If you could take a pic and upload it, it will be very useful! Aphthous ulcers are benign ulcers and will subside in a few days, you dont have to worry about them! You can start on hexidine mouth wash and vitamin b complex tablets as they will help in early recovery. You can also apply mucaine gel 3-4 times a day on the hole/ulcer it will reduce the pain and help you eat properly. Meanwhile take rest, avoid hot and spicy food and drink plenty of fluids. Take care