Suggest treatment for motion sickness

Hi, My Kids, (4 years and 7 Years) both have vomiting issue when they travel by car or bus. What I should be giving them to avoid this ?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antiemetic drugs... Detailed Answer: Hi, It looks like both your children have motion sickness. I suggest my patients to use antiemetic drugs like domperidone before the start of journey. The dose suggested is 0.1 - 0.2mg per kg body weight. This medicine can be repeated after 6 hours if needed. His treating doctor will know about this drug. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for motion sickness 23 hours later
Thanks! I checked with his pediatrics and she has suggested emeset. Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Domstal and emeset have similar actions... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Emeset and domperidone belong to the same group of drugs and have similar potentials. You can continue emeset as advised. Let me know if you need clarifications. If you have no more questions, please close this discussion. Regards