Suggest treatment for minor bike injury

Hi, Would you plz suggest antibiotic tablet to use for a small injury occurred while driving the bike ? Age :27 Sex :male PS: TT injection is already taken
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may not need antibiotic.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Small injuries do not necessarily need antibiotic treatment. They heal well without complications. If the injury is slightly deep (below the skin) you can use topical antiseptics like bactroban ointment during the day; keep it open at night. I presume you do not have diabetes or any other medical condition that cause delayed healing. In the absence of those immunocompromised state, I do not recommend antibiotic in this case. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for minor bike injury 8 minutes later
Thanks ,Injury is slightly deep (below the skin) , and not having any ailments related to diabetes ,As suggested i would use ointment
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Proceed with topical ointments... Detailed Answer: Presence of foreign body is the most important reason for delayed healing after diabetes and immunocompromised state. I am glad you do not suffer from any such ailments. Keep the wound clean and dry at most times. You can use the antiseptic ointment either bactroban or neosporin - a thin layer on the wound. Do not rub the wound or cover it with thick layer of guaze. Air dry it at night. Small wounds should heal over a week or two. I would seek medical attention if its starts to hurt or if it starts to discharge secretions. Hope this helps. Please close this discussion if you do not have any other questions. Regards