Suggest treatment for minimal Soft Tissue swelling in left fronto parietal region inspite of an injury

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
iiii Doctor I want to discussed with neurologist regarding minimal Soft Tissue swelling in left fronto parietal region.Now my father get some dizzeness when he wake up .He got head injury in accident .This swelling found in CT Scan report Please guide me when he fill good .He got this accident before 7 days
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dizziness is due to concussion injury. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM You don't worry.Your father has absolutely benign findings. Dizziness is due to concussion injury which he had during trauma.He will be fine after few days. It is relieving factor to know that he don't have any injury to brain parenchyma or bony injury. Soft tissue swelling in left fronto-parietal region is due to local injury to soft tissues.Your father is getting right medicines for pain and dizziness. Additionally you can give serratopeptidase tablet thrice daily for five days.It will help in resolving swelling. There is doubt about presence of blood or changes of sinusitis in sphenoid sinus.It also doesn't require any treatment.If it is blood then it will be resolved after some time or if it is due to sinusitis then also he doesn't require any treatment for it. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for minimal Soft Tissue swelling in left fronto parietal region inspite of an injury 38 minutes later
Thanks for replay . Is there any need to do MRI. How we know that there is decreased in tissue swelling is there any need to do CT scan again .He required to go to neurologist .

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detail answer below. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing back I don't think your father need any further investigations like MRI Scan or repeat CT scan or consultation by neurologist. It can take one more week to fully resolve the swelling.It can be confirmed by simple palpation only.You can feel it by your palm. Our body has mechanism to absorb such swelling.Don't worry about this. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX