Suggest treatment for migraine

Nov 2013

Hi, I have migrain headache problem for last 8 years. I take Dolo-650 mg to control the headache. Visited many doctors but in vain. Sometime it is unbearable. I am looking for a treatment that offer me no medicine side effect with immediate relied in headache. Regards XXXX
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Following medicines would help you. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your query. It is unfortunate that you are suffering from migraine for past eight years and have not received proper medical treatment. Since you have frequent headaches, you would benefit from taking preventive medications that would reduce the severity and frequency of headaches. These medicines include beta blockers, flunarizine, divalproex, topiramate and botox injections. In addition, for relief of headache, you could take rizatriptan or vasograin tablets, which are very safe and effective in providing immediate relief to pain. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: