Suggest treatment for lumps inside the lower lip

I recently quit dipping tobacco after about 5 years of doing it very often. Is it OK to feel soft tiny lumps on the inside of my lower lip?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Firstly I would like to congratulate you for stopping tobacco by self as it is not easy to do after such a long usage. Stopping tobacco does have withdrawal symptoms but it will never caus any such lumps in the lower lip. It is not related to the tobacco withdrawal. The other possibility is fibrotic lumps that might have appeared over the long term usage of tobacco that you might have recently noted. It could also be an allergic reaction that might have occurred cause of some irritant coming in touch with your mucosa. If it is of recent onset I would suggest that you wait for next 3-4 days to see how it behaves. Most probably such insidious onset bumps may disappear with time. However if it doesn't get resolved in 3-4 days then the lesion needs to be inspected ones physically. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.