Suggest treatment for low grade headache and sinus

ENT Specialist
Had flue starting 1/1/14. Most symptoms have gone after three weeks. Still have a low grade headache and sinus and eustation tubes appear to frustrate the headache symptom. It's been 5 weeks now. Any suggestions re: sinus/tubes/headache?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: more details please Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using XXXXXXX Please furnish details about headache, sinus problems and eustachian tube problem so that i can understand the problem better. Awaiting your response, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for low grade headache and sinus 22 hours later
Have done a course of antibiotic to eliminate any bacterial issues. When I gently blow my nose I can sense material in eustachian tube being compressed. Mild ear pain for a short duration after nose blown. Sinus continues to dribble. No major mucous. Just a wetness that I need to dab or short mild blow to clear. Headache seems most obvious when get up in the morning. Seems to diminish during the day. Have used netti pot several times for moderate sinus relief. Did a mild work out yesterday. Recombent bike for 30 mins. heart rate up to 163, then weight machines for upper body, no heavy lifting. Could feel some relief in eustachian tube. Slept better last night. Headache does not seem as bad this morning and sinus doesn't seem to be dribbling. ie. some progress with mild workout. Will be continuing workouts every other day in order to get back on track physically. Hope that helps! Best regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Sinus infection ghas persisted. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for the details It looks like you have persistent infection in your nose and sinuses. There are 2 reasons for failure of the antibiotic. 1) Organism is resistant to the particular antibiotic. 2) Its a viral infcetion. You need another course of the appropriate antibiotic. But first get a culture and sensitivity test done with the mucus from your nose in order to choose the right antibiotic. Usually penicillin group of antibiotics work very well for infections of the nose and sinuses. Please see a doctor for the test and the antibiotics. Your eustachian tube is not functioning properly, that's why you are experiencing pain in ear when you blow your nose. Do not blow your nose. Infection from the nose can get into your ears. Along with the antibiotic you should also start a local nasal decongestant like otrivin. Otrivin will open your nose and sinuses as well as the eustachian tube and helps to control the infection. Instill 3 drops in each nostril 3 times a day for 5 days. Follow it up with steam inhalation. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.