Suggest treatment for low Hgb and high B12?

Question
I have a low Hgb and a high B12,and feel always tired and light headed.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Guru 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please upload exact values of Hgb and B12 Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Please upload exact values of Hgb and B12. Awaiting a reply.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for low Hgb and high B12? 4 minutes later
Hgb 13.5,B12 1050

Answered by Dr. Guru 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! You have slight decrease in Hgb, which is common for your age and medical history of neoplasm. Not a big problem. Whereas, regarding B12- Normal range is 210 to 900 pg/dl approximately. I think that this increase is also related to Medical History of Pancreatic mucinous neoplasm. Increased levels of Vitamin B12 leve may sometimes be associated with a serious disease some blood disorders like polycythemia vera, hypereosinophilic syndrome can result in increased Vitamin B12. Several liver diseases like acute hepatitis, cirrhosis etc can also result in the increase of Vitamin B12 level. Anyhow if there is elevation of Vitamin B12 levels, a complete diagnostic work up is needed to assess the presence of diseases as mentioned above. Complete blood picture and similar investigations with physical exam can up get proper idea. I do not think that the levels of Hgb and B12 are causing your symptoms. Follow up with your doctor is needed. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-vasanth/66057 Wish you good health!

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for low Hgb and high B12? 9 hours later
I recently noted bleeding gums On brushing my teeth and a 7pound wt. loss also I have idiopathic urticaria. My blood sugar is 108 non fasting

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Bleeding gums, idiopathic urticaria associated with weight loss hint towards a blood disorder. I suggest to get complete blood picture which includes the cell counts of different blood cells. Based on it, we can talk further. Fasting blood sugar of 108 is normal. Need not have to worry about it. Take Care!