Suggest treatment for loose motions

Whenever I uswed to face with Loose Motion I used to take up lot of water and electral but if the codition doesn't get better I have take medicines such Norflox-TZ or Ornof. Both of them cure me from Loose Motions but they leave allergies to my face. My Lips gets swelled and heavy itching happens on the lips and fingers and the swollen lips raemins on my face for the next 5 days with some bleeding from them. Could you please suggest me some medicine which I can take in extreme condition of loose motion and also doesn't cause me any allergies.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: viral in nature Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the query. Well, most of the times sudden short episode of loose stools are due to viruses or food toxins which are self limiting not needing any antibiotic therapy. Usually lot of water and electral should suffice. If severe, associated with fever, blood in stools then you may need to take antibiotics. Looks like you are allergic to norflox tz group of antibiotics so avoid them as far as possible. Some newer antibiotics like rifaxamin may be safer alternative. if you have recurrent diarrhea worthwhile getting yourself evaluated once to look for cause like inflammatory bowel disease or some food allergy or odd infection. Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for loose motions 18 minutes later
Some Chemist suggested Zedot to me as an alternative but I didn't take it without knowing it's effects. Will Zedot suit me or does it fall under norflox tz group of antibiotics?
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can take it Detailed Answer: Thank you for the query. Zedott contains rececadotril an mild anti diarrheal. Can take it once or twice if required, reasonably safe. Thanks