Suggest treatment for loos bowel movements in a baby

Hi doctor I am XXXXXXX my baby is 3 months old and he loose his vowel this morning 3x alreadywith mucus and the colorwas yellow, i think he is having an amoebiasis,how can i treat him or is there an first aid treatment tothis? thank you
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Give her plenty of fluids Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this loos bowel movements your son has. I would guess a 3month old baby still feeds entirely on breast milk and the chances of picking amoebiasis would be very low. The most common cause of watery stool in children are viruses. This is generally handled by increasing oral fluids intake in all forms like repeated and frequent breastfeeding, administrating plain fluids, etc. There is no need for antibiotics to handle this right now. Monitor for vomiting, inability to drink, weakness and reduce urination frequency which would signal the need to go in for a proper assessment and maybe hospital management. Be very watchful about this because small children can easily get dehydrated rapidly than bigger ones. I hope this helps. I wish your son well. Feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.