Suggest treatment for long term congestion in the sinus cause due to hives

I have a really bad case of sinus, for about 4 weeks, when I developed Hives after eating shellfish. I have seen a specialist but he seems unconcerned. I have been on prednezone, antihistimens (SP). I can'gt stop sneezing, water running down out of my nose. x
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Xylometazoline nasal drops Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Hives do sometimes cause long term congestion in the sinus which may be resistant. Do continue the treatment you are on or restart Antihistamin if you have already stopped. Also do use Xylometazoline nasal drops to clear the congestion in the nasal and sinus mucosa. This will reduce the nasal and sinus stuffiness and help to recover. Apply 4to6 nasal drops in each nostril thrice daily. Please let me know if you have any doubts. Regards,