Suggest treatment for lipoma

Jan 2014

Hi , Iam 26 years old. Iam having several lipomas (fatty globes) on the body ..Could you please tell me how to avoid them..and Is there any treatment for that..?Now the size of that lipomas are small..Does the size of them will be increased in future..Iam worrying lot.. Please suggest me ..
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lipoma are benign Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at HCM Lipoma is a benign tumor of adipose tissue and usually presents as asymptomatic/ painless, soft/rubbery swellings which slip under the fingers when pressed. It is the most common benign form of soft tissue tumor. Multiple lipomas are common. Lipomas are usually small (under one centimeter diameter), remain the same size over years or grow very slowly. Usually, treatment of a lipoma is not necessary, unless the tumor becomes painful or restricts movement or becomes unsightly or bothersome. I would advice you to just observe them over time. If a particular lipoma becomes painful or becomes a cosmetic concern for you or restrict you in some way, then you can go for surgical removal of only that particular lipoma. There are no medicines available to stall the growth. regards take care