Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin

General Surgeon
Hi, My 15 month old has a "rash". It Looks like bites, doesnt seem to hurt her but looks awful-Sort of like pimples. What should we do/put on it?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Pustular Scabies Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Thanks for providing the clinical photograph. The lesion present in the groin are pustular lesion in the groin. Its likely to be pustular Scabies especially if associated with itching and similar lesion in other family members(it may or may not be present in other members, but it will lead to recurrence if all family members are not treated). I would suggest you the following which will definitely help. 1. Hot Seitz bath: Add a handful of water in warm water tub and make the baby sit in it for 10-15minutes. to be done twice a day 2. Single overnight application of Permethrin: Permethrin ointment is an anti-scabicidal agent. Treatment of all individuals involved in care of baby is equally important to prevent recurrence. Single overnight application of Permethrin Ointment all over the body excluding face and head is recommended. The next day morning give the baby hot water bath 3. Wash the clothes of baby in hot water 4. Local Application of Mupirocin ointment to the individual lesion will lead to healing of pustular lesion. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. If you need any further assistance anytime, will be glad to assist you. Wishing your daughter speedy recovery Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin 15 minutes later
Thank you, will that ointment require a prescription?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: over the counter ointment Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings To the best of my knowledge that ointment is over the counter ointment. I would request you to enquire with your local pharmacy. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore