Suggest treatment for leshion after shaving?

Dermatologist
Question
This dot just appeared i shaved not long ago im thinking its from shaving its the only one i have whatdo you think?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Superficial folliculitis , apply topical antibioti Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . I have seen the attached picture . You seem to have developed a lesion of folliculitis which is basically a superficial infection of the hair follicle. You need to apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin over the affected areas twice a day . Do not aapply any other cream or oil over it . You may skip shaving till it heals or you can do it carefully without touching this area. It should get better in two to three days with treatment. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for leshion after shaving? 16 minutes later
You cant get that in australia without a prescription is there anything elae that would work like hydrozole????

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Otc antibiotic creams Detailed Answer: Hi again Hydrozole cream would not work for you. I am sure you can get an antibiotic cream as an otc there. You can try neosporin or polysporin or ultramide cream. Any of these will work in your skin condition. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for leshion after shaving? 31 minutes later
Can you pleas recommend me an australian one pleasee

Brief Answer: Topical antibiotic otc in Australia Detailed Answer: You can get Bactroban cream there. Dr Geetika Paul