Suggest treatment for left epididymis cyst and hydrocele?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I have a small cyst 8 mms in left epididymis. Tunica vaginalis hydrocele is seen on left side. Reactive hydrocele on right side. No evidence varicocele ( on valsalva maneouvre) seen on either side. Scrotall wall shows normal thickness.What should be done? Is operation to be done? Whom should I approach? At present i take the following drugs for cholestrol & hypo thyroid . Eltoxin 100 (for thyroid;) Razel;( cholestrol) Zyloric( uric acid) cap homocheck( vit amin). 5 months back I had herpes Zoster. Now cured. 1. For hydrocele what? 2. For cholestrol, uric acid and hypothyroid what?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Surgeon/ Urologist, Repeat Thyroid functions Detailed Answer: Hi. Gone through your reports. The 8 mm cyst may be left alone if not causing any symptoms. You have hydrocele on both the sides. Are the hydroceles clinically noticeable as swelling in the scrotum or are diagnosed on ultrasonography? If small and are secondary, they can be left alone, to be observed and operated if not resolving. You have hypothyroidism and be a cause of hydrocele or delayed the absorption of fluid from the sac. You have to check thyroid function tests regularly and adjust the doses as per your Doctor's advise. Ideally Doctor should see the clinical picture improvement too. ( most of them decide only on the reports). We have seen results with proper dose adjustments of Eltroxin. Was there an attack of epididymo-orchitis or trauma to the scrotum in past? You can take a consultation of a XXXXXXX Surgeon or Urologist in Mumbai. Please continue your treatment under care of a Physician for your medical conditions. You are lucky that Herpes is cured. This do cause a body resistance to go down really bad.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for left epididymis cyst and hydrocele? 15 minutes later
Yes the left side of scrotum is larger than the right side.The details are as per ulta sonography.I have been taking Eletroxin 100 mg since 2005 without any change in dose. My doctor has never suggested any change in dose. In between I had takn a low dose in 2008 but started feeling giddy. This was as per advise of a Dr in Dr Batra's homepathy. I also take homepathy for cholestrol control.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: FT3, FT4 and TSH from a reputed laboratory Detailed Answer: Hi. Great to have immediate response. Please go for immediate tests of thyroid function tests. GO for FT3, FT4 and TSH from a reputed laboratory like Thyrocare or so. Please remember to stop Eltroxin at least for 3 days before you give the morning blood sample on empty stomach to give proper/ real values. Small things matter the most in proper management. I really have not seen great results with Homeopathy for thyroid. The results can be varied. I really can not comment on this subject, but my observations for thyroid are really not good , plus they can have side effects. We at home do take Homeopathy for certain reasons and have a personal experience- very good and bad too). So stop Homeopathy for Thyroid and adhere to the correct doses of Eltroxin( You may have start on Tablet Thyrox as it is easy to modulate the doses even by 12.5 - not possible with Eltroxin brand). I assure you that a proper thyroid treatment will solve even the cholesterol problem to a certain extent.