Suggest treatment for left abdominal pain and feeling faint when suffering from constipation?

my daughter was put on 4 cap fulls of miralax a day to try to shrink her colon. She has suffered from constipation for a very long time. She is now having severe left side pain and feels faint on occasion not to mention her heart beating hard. But if she doesnt take the miralax she cant go.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Miralax&other meds for chronic constipation... Detailed Answer: Hi, The pain she is feeling on her left side and feeling faint on occasion are related to the difficulty in passing the motion. Apart taking Miralax, I'd also suggest her to : - start taking probiotics, sena and Psyllium supplement - can use rectal enemas for some days - drink more water - avoid eating banana, boiled eggs, yogurt or dairy foods - give her more foods high in fiber - do examination of stool for ova/parasites - culture the feces for candida Once you have the test results in, she might need to take appropriate treatment. All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Klerida