Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Yes, just one moment while I find my home email address, I don't use it much. Did you see the questionaire I just filled out? How can I go from healthy and active, strong weight training, taking no medication, to completely crippled up in all my joints. There is so much pain in my shoulders in the morning, if you told me they were broke, I would believe you. So far I've had 2 strings of blood tests, chest xray and a bone scan coming up from a Rheumatologist. However, he is on vacation for 2 more weeks and my family Dr. just lost his wife. I'm just being pumped full of pain killers with little effect and no answers. There has to be something severely wrong. Why won't they just give me an MRI or some test that will say there, and treat me.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are many other optios available. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You have not mentioned which blood test your doctor had advised you. Your blood test must include serum rheumatoid factor quantitative, fasting blood sugar level, serum uric acid, E.S.R, C.R.P. If these test are with in normal limits then your doctor would have done your physical examination and compare it with your blood test report and bone scan report. You can send me all the reports or your can discus it with some another doctor in your locality whom you trust, as you already mentioned that your previous doctor is on vacation for 2 weeks. If all the above reports are normal then you must get MRI scan of your shoulder joint with prescription from your doctor to see condition of shoulder muscles, bursitis etc. Apart from just taking huge amount of painkillers there are many treatments of your problem including P.R.P injection in shoulder joint, steroid injection in shoulder joint, ultrasound therapy of shoulder, muscle strengthening exercises for shoulder which you must consult with your doctor. There are may type of good painkillers available in the market which your doctor may prescribe you apart form above treatment. You must have positive attitude in your life, do not loose hope there are still many treatments available for your problem. Please do not take any medicine without prescription of doctor. Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening over the affected parts . I hope you have got your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: WWW.WWWW.WW Let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks. Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain 36 minutes later
I appreciate the advise and I will apply the heat packs, however, regardless of the pain starting in the shoulder, it has gone from horrible to unbearable, worse than any tear or broken bone i've had. What concerns me most of all, is the wide spread agonizing pain throughout most all of my joints, seemingly spread from this original pain. Anything this wide spread gives me cause for concern, I would think justifiably so. Regardless of the diagnosis, anything I've researched does not sound good. Makes it hard to be possitive.

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Still there are many options. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query again. My friend I have already explain you that without knowing report of the above mentioned investigation no body in this world could make diagnosis of your problem. Please get your blood test done i.e serum rheumatoid factor quantitative, fasting blood sugar level, serum uric acid, E.S.R, C.R.P. and other investigations mentioned above, then discuss it with your doctor. It is good that you will apply hot packs, but my friend as your have wide spread agonizing pain throughout most all of your joints it becomes mandatory to follow all the instructions I have mentioned previously. Apart from just taking huge amount of painkillers there are many treatments of your problem including P.R.P injection in shoulder joint, steroid injection in shoulder joint, ultrasound therapy of shoulder, muscle strengthening exercises for shoulder which you must consult with your doctor. There are may type of good painkillers available in the market which your doctor may prescribe you apart form above treatment. At-last, please do not take any medicine without prescription of doctor. You must believe in god and trust your doctor. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr. Singh.