Suggest treatment for itchy spot on body

My daughter has these spots what should she do? They are itchy sometimes. In the morning she has been putting hydrocortisone on them.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: insect bite reaction Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. The spots on your daughter' s body appear to be an insect bite reaction. Do any of the other family members have such spots? For how many days has she had them? Which are all the areas affected? She could continue to use hydrocortisone cream or fluticosone cream on them twice or thrice a day for 10-14 days. She could also take an antihistamine like benadryl at bedtime for 5 days if it is too itchy. Do look for bed bugs as they can also cause a similar reaction. Do get back to me with the clarifications so that we could get a better assessment. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itchy spot on body 26 minutes later
Thank you, i will have her use the cream more often and take antihistamine for itching. She has had them since Monday, these are the only ones she has. 3 on her leftside. Noone else in gge family has any, she washes her sheets weekly.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Insect bite reaction Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the clarifications. The other possibility I was considering was scabies. But with no other family members being affected and with the only 3 localized spots, my diagnosis is more in favour of insect bite reaction itself and not scabies. You could continue with the above mentioned treatment. If she goes outdoors on hikes / trekking, she needs to be more careful to avoid insect bites to prevent recurrences in the future. Wishing you good health! Dr. Johny Chacko