Suggest treatment for itchy skin

i have relocated to bangalore to mangalore three weeks back and from day four my skin is very itchy and very tempting to itch.. my whole body is itchy...but there are no visual rashes on skin but itchy...... now the condition is better than few days back but still itchy. how can i reduce this? will it reduce gradually?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: moisturisers and antihistaminics Detailed Answer: Hello dear. I have read your query and understood your concern. It is a very common complaint by patients to get itch on migration from one place to another. It is usually due to change of climate that initiates allergic reaction and precipitates itch. If there is no apparent rash, I will advice you to put good amount of moisturisers over whole body preferably over semi wet body. Additionally you may start taking some antihistamines like tab levocetrizine or fexofenadine daily for symptomatic relief. As per details , this is my best advice for you. If you have any further query you may ask me. Good luck.