Suggest treatment for itchy red bumps on the finger

Dermatologist
Question
I have 3 little red bumps on my finger near a knuckle. They don't really itch, but are a little sore if I push on them. What could this be? At first I thought of shingles, but I don't have any other symptoms.
Posted 6 days ago in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either pyoderma or insect bite

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic, reviewed the image,
According to your complaints, it doesn't seem to be shingles.

It could be either pyoderma which is a bacterial infection of the skin or insect bite reaction.

If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily for 7-8 days.

Dr Asmeet