Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over my body

Jan 2014

Hi From the last night(Friday mid night), all of sudden I got itching in my whole body and it continued for the day. The itching is there in my hands and legs. Especially in all the fingers and middle area of my hands and in legs. Now its midnight and all my fingers and too big in size. Kindly provide wt to do?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Urticaria with Angioedema Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to healthcareMagic I am Dr. Kakkar and I have understood your concern. I would keep a possibility of Acute Urticaria with Angioedema. It presents as itching and skin welts/swellings, which can be distributed all over the body. Urticaria OR hives can occur due to various causes like(to name a few): --Infections(bacterial , viral, fungal) --Drugs(Pain killers/ antibiotics etc) --Certain foods and food additives/preservatives --Physical Urticaria: Cold temperature, Heat, Pressure(Prolonged Standing, Sitting), Dermaographism etc. --Cholinergic Urticaria: in response to strong emotions, exercise, spicy food etc --Autoimmune disorders like SLE, RA etc. --A few cases have no underlying cause and are known as idiopathic urticaria. I would advice you to get few basic lab tests like Hemogram, stool for ova/cyst, Urine routine, Chest X-Ray. An oral antihistamine like Fexofenadine (Allegra 180 mg tab) OR Loratadine (Alaspan 10mg tablet) once or twice daily for a week would be suitable. They are non-sedating and wont affect your alertness level. If I was your treating doctor I would have also given you a shot of injectable antihistamines like Avil(pheniramine) and Injectable effcorlin(hydrocortisone) for rapid relief. A topical soothing lotion like calamine would help you symptomatically. take care regards