Suggest treatment for itching on feet due to skin infection

Hello. My Father (72 Years old) has undergone angioplastry about 3 months back. For about 2 months now, he's having itchy pimples on the edges of the feet fingers that pains a lot. Skin around those fingers turned blue. Is there anything that can be done to heal it? He's currently being treated for both this and HIgh creatinine levels.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible fungal infection.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. I have read the reports you sent in, but, unfortunately, the majority were not clearly seen. I have noticed that your father is having proteinuria and pseudohyphae and budding yeast cells were present in his urine, indicating for a possible systemic fungal infection that might be manifested with itching feet fingers. Furthermore, staying immobilized for too long and antibiotic use might have precipitated fungal infection. I suggest to consult with his doctor to start systemic anti-fungal therapy together with local anti-fungal treatment (otc cream). I also advise to keep a good hygiene of his feet, keep them well cleaned and dried. Hope it was of help! Dr. Benard
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching on feet due to skin infection 4 minutes later
Thank you doctor. Much appreciate the help. I will get in touch with the doctor and share your feedback with him. I might need to share some more reports and resend the ones that are not clear. I would like to keep this thread open for a few more days. I hope you do not mind it. Best regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Happy to be assisting you.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I'd be honored to assist you for as long as you keep open this thread. Looking forward to have clear photo of the reports and your father's skin problems. Thank you! Dr.Benard