Suggest treatment for itching at bottom of the penis with clear discharge

Jan 2014

hi ifeel itching bottom of my pines with some drops of clear discharge.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would like to gather some more information from you in order to be able to help you better. --Since how long do you have itching and where is it located exactly? Is it under the foreskin or is it on the shaft of the penis? --Your sexual history?History of recent contact? Are you married or unmarried? If married, any history of recent sexual contact outside marriage? --Is there burning sensation while passing urine? --Do you see any lesions on the penis? take care regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching at bottom of the penis with clear discharge 24 minutes later
Itching at opening of the pines and ifeel it at urination ... Its my sixth day now with clear little sticky one or two drops. Im sexually active and hv my gf that imet moth ago and had intercourse . Its not buring i can have urination normally with no pain only itchy feeling and when ever i look into my pines isee some times the clear sticky drop. no ulcers no lesions no same in past had little redness in pines head but iguess bcz of my extra hygiene and cleaning after feeling itchy its already better now . had sexual relation with my new gf noting that we did tests for hiv and hepatitis due to our work nature and we are clean . from my reading im afraid its chlamydia or maybe gonorrhea or prostat congestion. iwas planning to use 2g of azithromycin and 320 mg of gemifloxacim if gona help me ? basically im trying to avoid injections tht idont like and ask my gf to use it also ? sorry for photos pls ad
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Non-Gonococcal urethritis Detailed Answer: Hi. I would keep a possibility of Non-Gonococcal urethritis (NGU). It can present with the following symptoms: --Discharge from the penis --Burning or pain when urinating --Itching, irritation or tenderness --Underwear stain Treatment is single oral dose of Azithromycin 1gm. Gonorrhoea usually presents with pus discharge per urethrum, pain/burning during micturation. It seems unlikely in your case. You can prevent or reduce the risk of an STD by following a few measures: --Use latex condoms, consistently and correctly, from start to finish every time you have sexual intercourse. --Have sex with only one uninfected partner who only has sex with you (mutual monogamy). --Have regular checkups if you are sexually active. take care regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching at bottom of the penis with clear discharge 10 minutes later
Hi Dr. yes iguess gonorrhea is not the case its been six days with no develpments for any extra symptoms. shall i have the 1g of azithromycin as one pill is it available this way in market ? shall i use magifloxacim 320mg or no need . im sorry for being complicated but from reading it is a way to avoid any resistance noting that its my first time to use azithromycin . shall iask my gf to hav the same? thanx
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treat the partner as well. Detailed Answer: Hi. Azithromycin 1gm is available Or more commonly it is available as 500mg, so you can take 2 tabs at once. I would advice a single dose of tinidazole 1gm too along with Azithromycin 1gm. That should cover trichomoniasis which can also present with the same symptoms(itching and discharge) The partner should also be treated simultaneously for both. No need to take moxifloxacin. take care regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching at bottom of the penis with clear discharge 13 minutes later
thank you so much dr. iwill follow all mentioned
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX Regards