Suggest treatment for itching and pain caused due to internal piles

Dear Sir ! Since last 1 month I have been suffering from internal piles.After passing stool blood is coming out drop by drop.It is painful and itching.Pls advice me for good medicines for quick relief.Should I go to the doctor for check up,Pls reply-thanks. Brgds SIBA XXXX E-MAIL= XXXX
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Prasad 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Laxatives and XXXXXXX warm sitz bath... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is best to consult a surgeon who can perform per rectal examination and other tests to assess the condition and its severity. Therefore do not urge to consult a doctor. In the meantime, laxatives and XXXXXXX warm sitz bath will help. I prescribe syp lactulose 20ml at night for 2-3 weeks. It softens stools and help you to pass stool without pain and bleeding. You should also try warm sitz bath with or without epsom salt. If needed you can also use antihemorrhoidal ointments such as "Smooth cream" before and after passing stools to reduce discomfort. While you try all the aforementioned measures, you should not forget to drink sufficient water and take a fibre rich food. Extra water and fibre will help in the long run. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards