Suggest treatment for intestinal infection

I am 74 years old. a female diabetic. I have a flutterinf in my lower right abdomen, it started about 1 monrh ago. I have no pain but have had bouts of diahrea. please tell me what this might be?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your problem is due to intestinal infection Detailed Answer: Hi Ma'am, Thanks for your query. From the brief information provided, you are apparently suffering from an ongoing or recurrent intestinal infection (amoebic, bacterial or yeast). The possibilities can be narrowed down further, if you provide additional information, such as, the nature of diarrhea; whether watery/semi-liquid stools; foul-smelling, sweetish-sickly smell or odorless; passage of mucus or blood in stools; excessive gas formation; any symptoms of acidity, belching, sour fluid coming into the mouth, heartburn, bloating of abdomen, rumbling sounds etc... Amoebic or H.pylori infection is commonest in diabetic patients. Intestinal problem / infection is a known complication of diabetes (called Diabetic Gastropathy) Stool examination and culture will isolate the causative organism and a specific treatment will cure the infection. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion. He will know what course of action would be best for you. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal