Suggest treatment for intense pain and tenderness in spine after an injury

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi my name is XXXXX yesterday I was putting on a pair of pants when I trip and fell backward hitting my neck squarely on the corner of a bookcase my neck was hit from the top of my shoulders to the base of my head right In the middle down my spine in which I have congenital spinal stenosis anyway I went to bed last night pretty sore when I awoke this morning I had a terrible headache and ringing in my ears and I could move my head without terrible pain. So I went to see my pcp who says it's just a sprain ran no tests to no x rays gave me muscle relaxes and sent me out the door says my trapiezes was hard as a rock especially on the left with great tenderness down the spine area I screamed every time he touch it . My question for the Dr is did I get fair treatment or do I need to go to the Dr for x rays or not I also have DDD in disc c-3-c-5 I'M IN INTENSE PAIN YOUR OPINION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 days later
Brief Answer: Yes, must consult orthopaedic surgeon. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You must consult orthopedic surgeon (in urgent care center). He will do your physical examination and advise you x-ray of cervical spine AP and Lateral view. If needed he may advise you MRI scan of cervical spine. You should not ignore all this. Till you see your doctor you can take aceclofenac + thiocochicoside after discussing it with your doctor. Do not lift heavy weight above shoulder. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. I hope you have got your answer. If you are happy with my advice, please close the discussion, so that I can get 5 points. Thanks. Dr.Singh.